Saturday, July 7, 2012

Going Bananas

We like bananas around our house. But sometimes we don't eat them like we should, and before you know it, there's a bunch of browning, extra ripe bananas. Muffins, breads, cakes, and pudding are all an option. This week, with the extreme heat out there, I opted for the pudding.

Going through my stash of pudding mixes, I found only one small box of vanilla. There was also a small box of lemon pudding. I sometimes put lemon glaze on my banana muffins, so why not have lemon in the pudding? I'm so glad I tried it!

My recipe:

1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box instant lemon pudding
3 cups milk
1 cup of Cool Whip
bananas
graham crackers (as many or little as you like)
Cool Whip for topping (optional)

Mix puddings and milk, then add cool whip until combined. While it thickens, break up graham crackers in a bowl or container for the pudding. Cut up bananas over the crackers, add a layer of pudding. Top that with more crackers, bananas and pudding. Then, spread a thin layer of Cool Whip over the whole thing and chill.

I hope all of you are having a great summer and staying COOL!

4 comments:

  1. We have the same problem around here with over-ripened bananas sometimes. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I'm definitely going to try it next time!! : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a nice cool summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same problem here too so I freeze them for baking later, like fall! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cool and delicious summer-time treat. Do you have more photos of both the interior and the exterior of your home? It is charming.

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>