Friday, August 19, 2016

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday to all of you! Not much has gone on around the cabin this week. We have had mostly rainy weather. The cooler temperatures have been a nice break for us in this hot month of August.

I used to be disappointed when we had these long stretches of rain, but I'm liking them more and more. It is good for the plants and, I think, good for us to have a break in our usual routine. Of course, I'm not talking about the kind of rain they're having down in Louisiana. I've sure been keeping those folks in my prayers!

I would like to say that my garden is loving all of this rain, but I'm afraid that the hot temperatures in July pretty much burned up most of my garden. I do still have a few squash and a pumpkin or two coming on. 

What about your garden? Did it do well this year? Did you have enough produce to can? I haven't canned tomatoes in two years, now. I'm really hoping for a better gardening year next year!


1 comment:

  1. Our garden fizzled out quickly too. It was hot and dry here and we ate just a few times out of it. I haven't put up tomatoes for a couple years either...it's been all I could do to get enough to eat fresh tomato sandwiches!! YUM

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>