Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Waiting For The Rainbow

It is a wet, wet, day today! We are expecting this all day and into tomorrow. Maybe even some storms later on. I went out earlier and took these pictures of the rain and fog on the mountain across from us. I love the way the fog weaves itself over the mountains as it drifts down to the valleys below.
All this rain got me thinking about the last time I saw a rainbow. It was a double rainbow. We saw it up in Northwest Arkansas in August. We were on the way to the airport to pick up our daughter, returning home from L.A..

When I was a kid, running outside to look for a rainbow was the first thing my brother and I would do when it stopped raining. It was almost like a contest to see which one of us could spot it first. Did you do that?

I don't go out and look for them anymore--but I should! They are such a beautiful sight and I'm thinking about how many of them I've missed through the years. They are truly a special, simple pleasure that I've been ignoring!
“May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.”
Irish blessing
R~Mary

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I used to look for rainbows too. I can remember how excited we were, as kids, to see them. We would run inside the house and get everyone to come outside to see the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rose Mary, those mountains look like my East Tennessee Mountains! Great view!
    I think we're supposed to get your rain tomorrow. Great- more mud to walk in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding rainbows! I usually happen upon them by accident. I should look for them.

    Still raining here and we have floods in Missouri.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better get your raft out, you might need it. Sue said shes had alot of rain, send it West!

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>