Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cabin News

Our first batch of 2008 chicks are finally hatched! They are eight of the cutest little critters and a very welcome addition to our little homestead.



Edmona


I didn't really expect to see them at all, as Edmona, their mother did not seem to spend as much time on the nest as I felt was necessary. Obviously, she knew a little more about it than I did, LOL!



Lucy

Lucy is also setting and if all goes well, she will bless us with another batch in a couple of weeks.


Susan, the lazy girl, doesn't seem to be thinking about setting, so we will have to wait and see what she decides.

Have a great weekend,

R~Mary

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rose Mary,
    Awwww...your little chicks are so sweet and look so soft. I just want to cuddle one! :) I see you like Jane Austen as much as I do, so I am off to take the quiz from your previous post.
    Hugs, Bebe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooooooo precious!
    I think that owning chickens (or hens) is one of the things I look forward to most, when we eventually move to the country.
    I'm kinda scared, though, I've never raised them -- nor has any of my family, soooooooo I'm going to be learning everything from ladies like you! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose Mary, I love your girls! I'm also an Arkansas blogger and you're the first fellow Arkansan I've found. I'll be checking your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Rose Mary!! They finally arrived!!
    They are so cute... *sigh*.. I love baby chickies..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little chicks. My first pet was a baby chick, my great uncle gave me. I wanted to keep it safe. I made it a place in the drawer by my bed. It didn't make it. I remember crying and crying.

    Your are so cute. connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, they are just too sweet for words. I would love holding them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice chicks you have there and babies are always fun to have, Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>