Unfortunately, it is the time of the year for sore throats, so I thought I'd look up a few cures.
1. Wear a dirty sock around your neck while you are sleeping.
2. Eat cloves of garlic or keep one clove in each cheek the whole day, changing them out periodically. Your sore throat should be gone by evening~probably along with everyone you know, LOL!
3. Eat fried onions (This one sounds good to me!)
4. Lemon and Honey mixed together and taken as a cough syrup
5. Gargling with Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Gargling with baking soda or salt
I do believe that gargling with the vinegar or salt/baking soda is great for a sore throat---it always makes mine feel better. Since garlic is known to have antibacterial and antibiotic properties, it probably does help, too. But I'm not sure I could stand the cloves in my mouth all day! I think honey would probably be good, too.
Do you know any good cures for a sore throat?
4 hours ago