I thought that a few old Christmas superstition/folk beliefs might be fun for this week.
1. The child that is born on Christmas Day will always have good luck.
2. To have good health in the coming year, you must eat an apple on Christmas Eve.
3. Bread that is made on Christmas Eve will never grow mold. (I'm wondering if this is when Wonder Bread makes all of theirs, LOL! Wonder Bread is known never to mold in kid's science experiments).
4. Failing to decorate a Christmas tree will cause spring never to come.
5. The first person to open the front door on Christmas Day will have good luck all year. (I guess that here is where you can make up for not being born on Christmas Day!)
6. And...my favorite that I found: No work of any kind may be done on Christmas day if you want to have a lucky year.
Do you know any Christmas/folk superstitions?