Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon


It's a beautiful fall day outside. We were expecting rain, but got sunshine instead! I love the way the water in the pond reflects the color of the leaves. As you can see from the picture, we still have plenty of green leaves that haven't changed.



We've picked quite a few of our little pumpkins. Some were 'volunteer' plants from last season and the Baby Boo pumpkins were planted in late June. Our big pumpkins are still GREEN!

This crisp weather has me in the mood for soup, so I am going to try a new recipe for supper tonight~Cheeseburger Soup. This is where I found the recipe:


I am going to substitute real cheddar for a portion of the cheese in the recipe. It just sounds like too much Velveeta to me! I made some bread yesterday, so we will toast some of it to go with the soup and my daughters are talking about making crab cakes~which will be another new recipe for us.
R~Mary

4 comments:

  1. Your Wednesday Afternoon is lovely. The meal sounds just delicious. connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful. I'm in the mood for soup too - Jerry is going to make gumbo tomorrow for my "girl's weekend" group. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Rose Mary!! Thanks for the tip on recipezaar- I'm headed that way right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures! Our leaves are turning and falling.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>