Saturday, May 14, 2011

Planting, Soaping, and Writing

Hi everyone~I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted! From reading your blogs, looks like all of you have been busy, too.





I've managed to get all of my herbs plants in the ground, but still have some seeds to plant. Our garden is coming along, but like the herb garden, it still has a ways to go. Hubby made another raised bed box today, so I'll be working on getting it planted sometime in the coming week.

I've been making soap for a craft show in a couple of weeks. I've been experimenting with dried herbs (haven't used any fresh ones in the mix, yet), and really like the way it's been turning out. I've found that getting the scent to stay in hot process soap is challenging. I finally made a batch that's a lavender/mint mix and it smells pretty good.


My writing project is finally completely finished and edited~so I'm taking a little break before getting back to it.


Hope all of you are enjoying the spring!

4 comments:

  1. I bet that soap smells good. Congratulations on finishing your writing project. Spring is so busy around our house, we finally finished planting our garden, in between the rains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those soaps look wonderful Rosemary, I bet they smell SOooo good!!! Loved your comment about Jackie and the squirrels, LOL, Kiah had one up an apple tree several years ago barking at it, the squirrel fell down and landed on her BACK...OH MY, I've never seen her jump so high, scared her so bad she ran to the house as fast as she could with her tail tucked clear up the belly!!! Hope your having a great weekend, raining here:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cold here to play with my plants! Your soap looks amazing, I can't wait to start, but not sure if I'm getting in over my head, you all make it look so easy! Congrats on the writing, I no longer have time.....till winter?lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm- I'll bet your soaps smell heavenly, Rose Mary!
    Busy, busy here too- and now the hay is ready to cut... *sigh*... it never ends! (But that's a good thing!)

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>