Thursday, January 3, 2008

Goodbye Christmas Tree!

I just love this little bird ornament!


Our Christmas tree is being un-decorated today. I know some of you are probably way ahead of me on this. I love looking at it, and if it weren't for the space it takes up, I'd love to have it up a little bit longer.

The pretty lights are so cheery and warm looking that they are the hardest for me to part with. They are still on the tree today and will probably stay until tomorrow.

Our weather has turned off really cold (for us!). This morning it was only eleven degrees on the thermometer out on our porch post! The crazy thing is--it is supposed to be 67 degrees here on Sunday! Really, I'm looking forward to it. Eleven degrees is just too cold for my Southern bones!

Hope you are having a great day.

R~Mary


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. My tree went back the other day. I too like to look at it, but I need the room. Hope that you had a nice Christmas. Look forward to another year blogging together. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year dear Rosemary. My tree went down the other day and wow did I see more room. I am about 80% done with taking all the decorations down. We will be having weird weather also. Cold then in the 50's.

    Take care,
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose Mary, your weather sounds like our weather. It's been cold the last few days, but expected to be Spring-like weather over the weekend. We're going to the lake. Need to check things there, haven't been since before the wedding in November.

    I am always slow to take down the trees. I like looking at them for quite awhile!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken everything down except the big tree in the living room. My son and Ohio grands are coming Sunday to open presents so it gets to stay up until Monday.

    We are up to 32ยบ now...finally...a heat wave!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what they say about Arkansas weather-if you don't like it, just stick around a while, it'll change!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tree is still up too! It might come down this weekend, it just had a needed bit of color to these gray cold days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is kind of sad to 'undecorate' the tree, isn't it? But it's a wonderful feeling to have a "clean" house again! If time flies for you, like it does for me, you'll see your ornaments again in a few "weeks" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some great ornaments, Rose Mary! The bird is adorable, and I recognized our friend Snoopy. I was wondering if the white figure in the center of the one pic is a polar bear... or an Abominable Snowman? Maybe I need more caffeine. :)
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Jenn, that big white thing is actually a big baby penguin! My oldest daughter bought him a few years ago. He's really quite large compared to most of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>