Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday Morning



Good morning to you all! It is a chilly morning outside--20 degrees on our porch. It seems even more chilly, since we had three days of really gorgeous weather. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and even early yesterday, we had temperatures in the 60s and 70s!

But yesterday, by noon, a cold north wind started blowing in and our mini burst of spring weather was over! Which put me in the mood for cookies.

Oatmeal cookies, to be exact. I have never had much luck with making oatmeal cookies, so I started searching the web for the 'perfect' recipe. Do you know how many hits I got for 'oatmeal cookie recipe'? With 149,000 hits, I guess other people are looking for the perfect recipe, too.

I finally settled on the one below--with a few changes, after reading the reviews by people that had actually made them. People are very opinionated about cookies! Anyway, these are probably the best oatmeal cookies I've made--so far, anyway!

Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding (powder, not made up--save the rest for the next batch!)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cups craisins (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, then drained)


Preheat oven 350.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and pudding; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tblsp. onto ungreased cookie sheet. (I flattened them slightly).

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. (I used an insulated baking sheet--so if your is not, you may want to adjust to a shorter time). Bake until light and golden--do not overbake. Cool completely and store in airtight container.

Have a great day!

R~Mary




4 comments:

  1. How delicious Rosemary!
    They look so pretty too! Perfect with
    a hot cuppa or a cold glass of milk!

    I hope your 2008 is starting off well!! I wish you many blessings in the new year!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis a cold dreary day here, so pass that plate of cookies and pour me a cuppa please!
    *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh...they sound so delicious! I think I'll make some this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies look wonderful and your dishes are gorgeous! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>