Thursday, February 21, 2008

Everyday Chores

Not much excitement going on around here today. It is another rainy day, with possible ice on the way tonight. I guess that silly old groundhog was right about six more weeks of winter! I suppose that it will be spring soon enough~I love dreaming of green grass and flowers whenever I pick up a seed catalogue.



I found this cute add for Ivory Soap in an old book. I love Ivory Soap! (Remember the song you sang about it when you were a kid?) It is one of the best stain removers that I've ever used. I learned of that use for it on a shopping trip to Wal Mart! The checker, noticing that I was buying a commercial stain remover, told me of her experience in using it on her clothing. I took her advice, and have used it ever since. Of course, it won't remove everything, but I've found it to do very well on protein stains as well as tea and cola. Rub it in, rinse with cold water, or just rub it on the stain and toss it in the washer.


I've been doing some other chores around the house, including a little bit of painting. I'll post some pictures when I get everything finished.


Everyone have a great day!


R~Mary

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm- I LUV the way Ivory soap smells!
    All my seed catalogues have started arriving, too! Can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love to bathe my babies in Ivory soap...such a fresh clean smell!

    More winter here today and more expected...at least it is one day closer to spring *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had sleet, just about all day. The temp is 22.

    I love this post, it stirred some Ivory soap memories. I just now had one pop into my head. One year our high school homecoming float had mountains and snow and someone thought it would be neat for our queen candidate and her attendants to throw snow flakes...but where were going to get snow flakes in October! Of course Ivory Flakes. We won the float competition!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RM,
    I didn't know that about ivory soap! I better get me some. I mean you gotta love it, IT FLOATS!!
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice when it rains it makes it easier to stay inside and do chores. It is rainy here right now but I have to go to work. I wish I can stay home and nest. I love ivory soap also, I also think that ivery soap is so pretty displayed in a pretty glass jar
    Have a good day,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you dont gwt anymore ice your way. You have had alot of it. Sue cant even leave her house. Hope it warms up soon. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>