These are a few old wives tales/superstitions about snow and cold weather:
1. Thunder in February means snow in May.
2. Dreaming of snow is a good omen, unless you have eaten snow.
3. Dreaming of deep snow means you have hard work ahead of you but great success at the end.
4. To make it snow, sleep with a silver spoon under your pillow
5. To make it snow, sleep with a colored sock on your left foot and a white one on your right.
6. Count how many days old the moon is on the occasion of the seasons first snow. This number should predict how many big snows will happen for the season.
7. A cold, snowy winter is a sign of a hot summer.
8. If a cat sits with its back to the fire, a heavy frost is coming.
Do you know any snow superstitions?