We were out looking at our wild plum trees yesterday and saw worms in a few of the plums~which made me wonder....how many old wives tales are about worms? Most seem to involve getting worms, LOL!
1. If you eat too much sugar, worms will grown in your stomach.
2. Eating a hair from a horses forelock will cure worms (Yuck!).
3. You will grow worms in your stomach if you go to bed hungry.
4. You will get worms if you eat raw potatoes.
5. The thirteen bands on a woolly worm allow you to predict the weather for winter.
6. Eating boiled onions cures stomach worms.
7. A lot of worms on the ground is a sign of rain. (I looked this up and it is true).
There are many more old beliefs about worms. Do you know any old wives tales about worms?