Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good Thursday Morning

I had another great mail day today! As you can see above, my swap with my blogging buddy, Allison , came today! The plate in front will go perfectly on the wall in my kitchen. I love the colors in it, Allison. The 'open book' with the roses on it is a planter/vase and the snowy picture behind it will be just perfect for my winter decor next year. It will be nice to have something wintry that isn't Christmas-y, too. And the grandma's show and tell book is just precious. I am not a grandma yet, but I hope to use it someday. (I have a grandma plate stashed away somewhere that I can hopefully use someday, too.) She also enclosed a pretty card. Thanks so much , Allison--you did a great job. If you don't get mine in the next few days, please let me know so I can get another package off to you.
Of course, Rowdy had to help open the box. Naughty kitty--he is too curious when something comes!
I have been out planting some basil and zinnias this morning. I'm hoping we have seen the last of our really cold weather. It was 42 degrees outside this morning and it supposed to be in the 70s today. I'm loving all the warmth!
Have a great day.
RMary
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it". Psalm 118:24

9 comments:

  1. What fantastic things! I especially love the rose plate, and love that you're the kinda gal who mounts them on the wall. I prefer looking at plates to actually eating on them, I think. Seems a waste to cover them in noodley-things when we could be admiring their roses, doesn't it? :D

    Just wanted to say hello and tell you that I've really been enjoying your blog as of late! Keep it up!

    Have a lovely Thursday,
    Brin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how wonderful, as you opened this parcel and all those beautiful items came into view.

    Both my mother and grandmother had their prized plates displayed on the wall too. I so luv the winter scene - so ideal for your cabin.

    I think we can all understand why your cat "Rowdy" had to be part of the opening too.

    The photo's so delightful to see too. Enjoy your day in deciding where to place these treasured items.

    Blessings

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great items you recieved in the swap!
    I'm hoping for warmer weather this weekend...very tempted to do some planting but still a little reserved about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, you save those grandma things they will mean the world to you one day. connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. RM,
    That was a really good mail day, gotta love those when they come along.
    Cats are funny aren't they? they love a box and paper. I miss mine, she was always doing something entertaining.
    Looks like the weather is making a turn for the better, those warm winds are heading our way.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mail day. Naughty kitty. But you would not have it any other way *smile*

    I only have 3 plates. An angel one- no you say- and a couple of others.

    Take care,
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great things to receive...I just sent off some gift off to my sister "cabin decor" for her lake house. I hope she will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Alexandrahere. Thanks so much for stopping by. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, my little sister did good! I love the plate too, I'm a plate hanger also, they look so much nicer up and out for all to see! I hope you enjoyed the swap and will do others with us!

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>