Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sweet Bread


Good morning! Real life seems to be pushing its way into Blogger life today, but I thought I would take the time to share a recipe my sister-in-law recently gave me.
CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
3/4 cup of butter
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese--softened
2 C sugar
2 large eggs
3 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas
1 C chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

BEAT butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light & fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition

COMBINE flour & next three ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, nuts and vanilla. Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans.

BAKE @ 350 degrees for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pans. You may have to shield the bread with aluminum foil the last 15 minutes to keep from browning too much. Cool in bread pans for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire racks. Cool at least 30 minutes before slicing--if you can wait that long!

Have a great day.

RMary

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

8 comments:

  1. RM,
    yum-eee! Boy does that sound good, will try it so sure.
    Had four little ones here all day, they just went on home. I got a lot of sorting and drawers cleaned out while they were here. Also made a pot of ham soup, the last of Easter dinner, smells good.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys always love it when we have "banana bread bananas" and therefore can make something. I'll try this one next time.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. RoseMary,
    This sounds delicious and I'll have to give it a try.....

    Thanks for visiting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary, that sounds really tempting and I'm drooling at the thought of it - fresh from the oven.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good, a new banana bread recipe for those times when I get a bag of over ripe ones real cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm good.

    I will try this. My grandaughter is a big bread and banana fan!!

    Take care,
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good news Rosemary, is I have sent you a tag - the bad news is of course - would you like to complete the "meme"?

    Blessings from Peter to all the family.

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>