Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day


I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. My in-laws were here for the day and we enjoyed getting to spend some time with them. They showed us some pictures of their trip to Florida and also some from a trip they took earlier in the summer to Maine. Both places were beautiful, though quite different from each other. I love the diversity of the landscape in our country!


Although it is still quite warm here, Labor Day signals the end of summer and turns our sights to the fall season ahead. Remember when it was a 'no-no' to wear white after Labor Day? At least those rules have changed!


I usually don't do much fall decorating, but this year I would like to add a few little things around my house to go with the season. I'm thinking of doing some sorts of fall crafts that would add to the seasonal decorating, but haven't decided on anything specific. What are some of you going to do to change the season inside and outside of you homes?


I'm looking forward to hearing what all of you are doing~you're a creative bunch, so I know you've got some great ideas.


R~Mary

8 comments:

  1. My daughter and her family are in Florida right now for a week...I'm so jealous! I've only been there once but would stay forever if I could!

    I've not thought of any fall craft but I am thinking on buying about 6 pots of mums for out front. I love them for fall color!

    Happy Labor day to you and yours!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosemary, I"m feeling better after a bout with bronchitis, my first time! I love fall and I'm hoping this week will kick it off with some cooler weather and rain! I do decorate alot for fall, not sure this year with the house on the market and a offer, so we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RM,
    Glad to see your post over at my site. I started a little fall decorating this morning, so posted a few pictures. I will add more when I put more things out.
    Beautiful weather here, we really need rain, but besides that its been perfect.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't especially like fall decorations like pumpkins and scarecrows or things like that. But I do sort of go through my dishes and bowls and pick out the ones with fallish colors and put those out and about. That way they stay out until Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...just trying to get some cleaning done now that the weather is a bit cooler! I will probably get a pot or two of chrysanthemums to create some color outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decorate my table with a fall themed tablecloth, a hand painted ceramic pilgrim couple , a large candle encircled by a store bought wire to which is attached fall leaves & mini gourds & pumpkins [ no jack-o-lanterns] Like Chris I leave them out til Thanksgiving..or rather ..until all the left overs are consumed ;)
    Some years I put a vase of dried & pretty weeds out .. assuming I can keep the cat away !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a nice Labor Day weekend. I'm excited that September is here!
    I'm glad that you like our new magazine, thank you for your sweet comment!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love the Fall...the rich colors and crisp air. I love decorating with leaves, pumpkins, mums and gourds. Real or nice faux.
    I love to add lots of delicious little things along the way too...
    I just love to add red apples and leaves in bowls too. I have a set of Friendly Village dishes in the Fall pattern that come out too. Oh how I love the Fall!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

<$CommentPager$>